Addressing Employee Performance Issues in a Supportive Way
Date: Jun 1, 2023
Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
When addressing performance issues, it can be hard to show employees that tyou care about and support them, while still being clear about problems and expectations. This session offers tools for having supportive conversations in these challenging situations.
Management and supervisory employees
45 - 60 minutes
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Describe ways to foster positive relationships so that employees are open to your feedback, even when it's difficult to hear
- Distinguish employee behavior that's a "normal" bad day from behavior that's more seriously problematic
- Identify planning considerations to use before you begin a conversation about performance issues
- Use words and phrasing that give you the best chance for a productive conversation instead of one that becomes defensive or unproductive
- Be ready to offer resources to support employees who may react in concerning ways upon receiving feedback
Giving Effective Feedback in Personal or Work Situations
Date: June 22, 2023
Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
Giving effective feedback is difficult. Most people avoid opportunities to give constructive feedback and give infrequent and often unhelpful positive feedback. This session addresses strategies on how to deliver effective feedback at work or at home. The training will offer multiple examples and provide participants with ample practice to learn how to give feedback that helps individuals improve performance.
Anyone looking to learn and grow through the criticism they receive from others.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
Describe why criticism sometimes hurts
- Identify when it’s best to give positive feedback vs. when to give critical feedback • Identify when it’s best to praise effort vs. talent
- Discuss uses of “positive intent” when giving critical feedback
- Employ image-centered compliments
- Use judgment-free language to reduce defensiveness and creative freeze
- Identify and practice simple strategies to initiate feedback delivery