The Staffing and Compensation Unit provides guidance and support to the university with the recruitment and hiring process for benefited and non-benefited positions. When determining the need for a new position, the hiring department should consider alignment with the university’s strategic plan.
PageUp Job Aids:
- PageUp Hiring Manager Guide
- PageUp Hiring Manager Guide Powerpoint
- PageUp Search Committee Reference Guide
- Glossary of Terms
Contact Henry Paquin to schedule one-on-one or group trainings for PageUp access.
Hiring Process for Benefited Staff
The Department Hiring Policy for Benefited Employees provides a comprehensive outline of the recruitment and hiring process. Individual hiring overviews are also available as a quick reference to the required steps in the recruitment and hiring process. All of the required recruitment and hiring forms can be found on our Forms and Instructions page.
Current salary charts for classified, professional, and teamster positions are available for download.
- For additional information on the hiring of temporary/non-benefited staff, please review the temporary/non-benefited hiring procedure memo.
- For additional information on the Summer Jobs Program, please contact Heather Batherwich, Human Resources Business and Operations Manager.
Background Checks for Benefited Faculty and Staff
The University of Massachusetts is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty, staff and residents to carry out the university’s teaching, research, and public service missions.
As a condition of employment, the university will conduct appropriate background reviews for all new hires. This policy will be implemented in a manner consistent with the rights of privacy, equal opportunity, and academic freedom afforded to those who serve the university.
To view the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background checks.
Hiring Temporary/Non-Benefited Employees
- For information on the hiring of temporary/non-benefited staff, please review the temporary/non-benefited employee request form and temporary/non-benefited hiring procedure memo.
Hiring Temporary Employees from Temporary Agency
For information on hiring temporary employees through an agency, please contact Mary Flaherty or Ebru Korbek-Erdogmus